Friday the 13th

Saturday, June 14, 2008

For the second time in my life, it happened again. My birthday was yesterday, Friday the 13th.

Growing up my mom and family always made birthdays really special. As I have gotten older, I still enjoy them, but i'm not real big on the celebration. Mind you, I still love me some birthday cake/dessert and any gifts wanted to be given =) Giving gifts is definitely one of my love languages, however its not my primary way to receive love. I did not receive one gift yesterday(in a box, etc.) and it was a birthday that I will not soon forget.

Yesterday I received a lot of quality time(my primary receiving love language), the best gift anyone could give me.

Two of my dearest friends started my birthday morning off with a wonderful breakfast at Chick-fil-A and then we went and walked around some new houses we had wanted to see for awhile!

Bryan cleaned the house for me and then rescued me from studying to take me to lunch and let me window shop at the outlet(his favorite thing to do of course)

We headed over to Beth and Buck's for our first summer swim and grilled out with David and Farah and the boys. Beth made me a special birthday dessert that was to die for! And my friends were nice enough to take it easy on me and let me take them down on Wii Boxing(ok maybe they didn't go easy on me, i'm just that good)

My parents and brother are coming to visit tomorrow and two other friends are hopefully coming next weekend!!

Thanks everyone it was a great Friday the 13th Birthday!

2 comments:

Kim Gail said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meagan Ruff said...

i know this is a little late, but i am glad you had a great birthday! i wish i could have been there!! i miss you!!