My PawPaw

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

3 Years Ago at our Wedding

My PawPaw passed away today at the young age of 91. Although he has had congestive heart failure for about a year (which is treatable) he was doing good, so it was a little unexpected. We did get to see him on Sunday so that was such a blessing to us.

He was such a neat man. He could talk your ear off (I do get it honestly). Just about any word you said to him would make him think of a war story and for the next several hours he would tell stories about his time in WWII and his travels while there. At 88 he was still swimming 7-10 laps in 30 minutes and was in the local paper for swimming 50 miles (over the course of several months). He was a very gracious and giving man. He loved to work with his hands and build bird houses. He loved my grandmother dearly and thought very highly of her. He was a great man and will be sorely missed. I'm glad to know that he lived such a full life. I'm glad to have been a part of his life and to have had the honor of knowing him.

0 comments: